Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Service Engineer
Girling Jones are currently recruiting for a Air Conditioning Engineer to cover Contracts across Exeter & Plymouth
Main Purpose of the role
- The main roles and responsibilities of the AC & Refrigeration Engineer will include planned maintenance & service, fault diagnosis, repairs, installation, testing, commissioning and operation of various HVAC systems including, but not limited to Air Conditioning Split & VRF systems, Refrigeration, AHUs, Chillers, and all other associated elements in an efficient, safe manner and in accordance with company Health and Safety policy, Safe Systems of Work and current regulations.
- Working with site supervisors and line managers to ensure planning, procurement, progress, handover, performance, day to day supervision and safe delivery of all tasks assigned are completed successfully.
- Working as part of a team on contracts in various environments including Defence, Retail, Leisure, Education, Healthcare etc.
Main Duties will include
- Undertake all Air Conditioning works within individual’s capability
- To ensure that all equipment and services are in a safe condition
- To be responsible for and take care of company supplied equipment and materials
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
- To perform planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks, including fault finding and repair
- To work from a fixed site as well as being mobile from time to time when required
- To undertake work outside normal hours and lodge away from time to time when required.
- Ensuring that administration requirements are actioned on time and all necessary documents/records maintained accurately
- To take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary.
- To complete pre-programmed works in agreed timescales
- Communicate well (verbally and in writing) with colleagues and clients
- Works harmoniously with others, helping to generate a positive team atmosphere
- Assist with production of material requisitions and procurement of materials and equipment
- To understand and analyse specifications, schedules, schematics and drawings and report any anomalies or omissions to foreman and line managers.
Qualifications & Training
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant industry experience
- Hold FGAS Cat 1 qualification
- Knowledge and experience in the service, maintenance and repairs of AC, Refrigeration, AHU, Chiller systems.
- Understanding of leading manufactures equipment.
- Have a good knowledge of H&S and safe working practices
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have strong leadership skills
- Be analytical and methodical in your approach to problems
- Be motivated and results driven
- Be able to act quickly and decisively
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Based in the Southwest
- Full driving licence essential.
- Strong customer care focus
- Able to work at heights of up to 3 metres and lift weights of up to 25kg
- Self-Motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work individually or as part of a team
- Able to cope under pressure
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
Benefits to you
- Hours of Employ – 37.5hrs basic (paid door to door) – Monday to Friday with 30 minute unpaid lunch break.
- Salary – £16-18 p/hr basic (depending on experience). Time and half over basic hours. Weekend work and bank holidays rates negotiable.
- Company van with racking & fuel card for company use
- Company mobile phone, tablet/laptop and specialist tools provided
- Weekly pay
- Mobile engineer role
- Holiday – 21 days plus bank holidays (3 – 5 taken at Xmas)
- Pension – with Standard Life at least 3% employee and 3% from DGL
- Sickness – SSP for 2 years then 6 weeks on aggregate in any two rolling calendar years