Location: Abbey Wood, Bristol (Covering Bristol and Gloucester Area)
Term: Full Time/Perm
Salary: £51,000 – £54,000 p.a + Company Car/Allowance + Eligible for Bonus Scheme
We have an exciting opportunity for a Area Manager to join our Core Services team at VIVO based in Bristol.
This is a key role, leading the delivery of essential maintenance and additional works services to MoD sites in Bristol and Gloucester.
- Managing service delivery of all Reactive & Planned maintenance, and Billable Works (<£25k) in accordance with statutory legislation and MoD Mandatory requirements, complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Managing SDA team and Supply Chain performance to ensure that all Reactive and Planned Maintenance key performance indicators are consistently achieved Service Delivery Area.
- Ensuring that all documentation relating to maintenance is distributed in a timely manner and recorded against the appropriate assets in the CAFM system.
- Overseeing and ensuring the maintenance of the Establishment Specific Task Schedule (ESTS) and Forward Additional Services Plan (FASP) for all sites across the Service Delivery Area.
- Overseeing the Early Warning Notification and Risk Reduction Meeting process within the SDA.
- Overseeing and managing the Statutory Compliance state of the Service Delivery Area, ensuring that any overdue Statutory and Mandatory Tasks are adequately mitigated for risk in consultation with DIO and HoE Representatives.
- Identifying opportunities on establishments to support the MoD’s Net Zero carbon reduction targets and initiate Billable Works initiatives to achieve them.
- Ensuring that all Billable Works up to the value of £25k are delivered by Site teams within agreed timelines.
- Acting as an On Call Services Manager as required.
- Planning, directing and co-ordinate operational activities within the Service Delivery Area to ensure they are being managed efficiently, effectively and are value for money.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders associated with the VIVO contract and work in collaboration to provide a consistent approach to delivering service excellence across the contract.
- Act as the VIVO focal point for all Heads of Establishments and senior DIO representatives within the Service Delivery Area.
- Acknowledging compliments and Resolving complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Communicating and promoting SDA participation in support of external accreditations and initiatives that are important to VIVO and relevant stakeholders.
- Liaising with Senior Billable Works Managers to identify the most appropriate resource to deliver Billable Works.
- Ensuring that induction and mentoring processes are established for all new joiners and that suitable joining programmes are put in place to ensure they are capable of meeting all requirements by the end of their probation period.
- Overseeing the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) of all staff within their Service Delivery Area.
What Skills You’ll Need To Do The Role:
- HNC, or equivalent, level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience. Continuing Professional Development
- Technical training to maintain and develop technical competence and awareness of
- Asbestos / Legionella Responsible Persons within area of responsibility.
- Familiarity with the sites and assets within area of responsibility.
- Emergency first aid qualification
- Fire safety qualification
- Familiarity with and experience in working to Safe Systems of Work appropriate to the discipline
- IOSH or equivalent qualification
Nice To Have:
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Building, Incorporated Engineer, or equivalent institution.
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent level qualification)
- Familiarisation with CAFM applications
- Good awareness and understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Associate Member of the Institute of Leadership & Management
- Full Driving License
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to pass SC security clearance.