We have an exciting new position for an “Assistant Quantity Surveyor”, working for a Cost Management Consultancy based in Devon. They specialise in super high end residential developments – think clifftop mansions, Eco Builds, Heritage conversions and architectural delights! Their clients expect the best and their small team offers a personalised, highly professional service offering. With a wealth of experience across Devon and Cornwall they provide specialist cost management and project administration services on projects ranging in value from £500k – £10M
They are looking to attract an “Assistant Quantity Surveyor” to join their Exeter office, working within the team on projects across the region.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Review new / varied items and check quotations of new rates and conditions.
- Assist with the compilation of all weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as required.
- Provide support to accurate costings for each aspect of site development.
- Assist with reviewing and commenting on tender documentation during tender period and, where successful with handover assisting with internal reporting and forecasting
- Assist with subcontract management from negotiation and preparation of sub-contract orders, on-site management and final accounting.
- Attending team meetings as required.
- Maintain the timely submission of applications and final accounts ensuring adequate representation of commercial interests at site meetings
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be recently qualified with 6 months to 2 years’ experience, ideally within a commercial cost consultancy.
- Degree qualified
- Consultancy experience desirable but not essential. Contracting backgrounds also considered.
- Self-motivated and an ability to work cooperatively as part of a team;
- Ability to take initiative in resolving problems;
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills;
- Able to work to demanding deadlines.
Relocators to the region welcome!!
What’s in it for you?
The successful “Assistant Quantity Surveyor” will work closely alongside the senior QS’s, enjoying 121 training, development and coaching as they progress through their chartership.
You will benefit from:
- Salary – £30-35k plus bonus scheme, 26 days annual leave, pension and healthcare
- Fantastic training & development
- Ongoing structured training towards becoming a Chartered Quantity Surveyor.
- Working within a close knit team environment with lots of social events
- Super exciting one-off projects
- A broad range of responsibility & challenge at all levels
Interested? Then please click apply to find our more…..