Associate Partner – Civils PM
1st Chartered Surveyors in the World to have achieved B Corp Certification™, meaning they have met the highest social and environmental performance standards. As a B Corp™, they aim to influence a more sustainable built environment for people, places and the planet, both now and in the future.
Even though they are passionate about the built environment, the team is much more than just the day job. A mix of walkers, campers and surfers, as well as those who prefer a quiet night in with a good book. They have people dedicated to their young families, some who are just beginning their careers and others with many years of experience looking to share their knowledge. Whether you are the life and soul of the party or someone who prefers their own company you will find a brilliant mix of happy professionals to work with this Consultancy – positively promote equality, diversity and inclusion for all.
We are looking for an innovative individual who wants to question, learn and improve: to think beyond your current skillset and harness technology to mitigate risk and speed up delivery. You will be focused on leading a team to optimise value for our clients. It is essential that all Associate Partners focus on relationships (internally and externally) and provide a personal service to our clients.
The role will involve the provision of a full range of pre and post-contract project management services, and technical advice across commercial, residential, public and private sectors. Potential applicants must therefore be able to demonstrate a wide variety of technical and people management experience.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Responsible for day-to-day management of projects at various stages in a project’s life cycle (pre-construction, construction and post-construction).
- Experienced in a client-facing role, providing support and advice on all aspects of the project technical, financial, contractual, safety and environmental etc.
- Skilled at managing Programme, Change and Risk
- Proactive in contract administration generally using the ECC NEC suite of contracts
- Excellent at managing the production of design data including conducting technical reviews and acceptances
- Skilled in supporting the production of contract data and works information and executing tenders
- Experienced with NEC
- Regularly creating and drafting of reports – progress, value engineering, lessons learnt, options and feasibility etc.
- Able to support all aspects of project/client governance procedures
- Able to support the QS but take ownership of project cost control
We encourage employees to strike the right work-life balance and to enjoy where they work. We achieve this through:
- Hybrid working
- A salary that values your skills and experience
- Training & development opportunities
- 33 days annual leave (including 8 public holidays)
- Your birthday off
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- 6% employer pension contributions
- 3x salary Life Cover
- In-house wellbeing support
- Charitable fundraising & dedicated volunteering days
- Involvement in professional & industry organisations
- Sports & socialising
The position will require an element of travel to fulfil the requirements of the role, so having a full clean driving licence would be desirable.