Job ref: 542971
Building Services Manager / Senior Building Services Manager sought, Reading. Girling Jones require a Building Services Manager to join a progressive tier 1, top 10 contractor based within their Construction South team in Reading. This is a site based BSM opportunity, for a Building Services Manager to oversee delivery of MEP services to a £25m public sector project, with the onward opportunity thereon within the business.
Day to day,
- To deliver a quality service and product to our clients in line with the project goals by working with the project team and applying company culture, systems and procedures. Specifically, to manage the building services design/installation process and to minimise risks associated with this to the project and to the company.
- Operational responsibility for delivery of building services engineering works in terms of Health and Safety, programme, and quality
- Attend, and chair where appropriate, meetings with Clients, designers, specialist contractors and other team members
- Contribute to and/or produce the regular Project Report and attend Project Meetings
- Review designers and contractors’ drawings for completeness of information and compliance with contract requirements (specification, ER, etc)
- Check ongoing installation for compliance with contract requirements and Industry best practice
- Provide expertise in planning and executing the building services engineering delivery and associated commissioning
- Responsible for the delivery of the building services engineering works on their projects
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Good general knowledge of building services systems (mechanical and electrical building services, from pre-construction and design through to delivery, commissioning and handover of completed MEP services)
- Recognised qualification in Building Services Engineering or other appropriate engineering subject is preferred
- Must be able to build trust and confidence through open communications and informing colleagues about issues that will affect their role.
In return, we are offering a competitive package to the right candidate (£60,000 – £80,000 DOE), Car / car allowance, pension, etc there on as you would assume from a leading tier 1 employer.
Interested? Click APPLY or contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones for further information
Salary From: £
Salary To: £