Mechanical and Electrical Consultancy- London / Bristol. Girling Jones require a Senior Building Services Engineer to join a progressive mechanical and electrical consultancy in either their London or Bristol offices. The businesses Mechanical & Electrical professionals collaborate with the Property Management and Building consultancy colleagues to offer clients solutions that directly contribute to sustainable and better performing buildings whether on new buildings or retrofitting exploiting learned best practice.
Implementing owner and occupier focused Mechanical and electrical techniques ensure asset realisation by reducing running costs and capital expenditure whilst maintaining overall occupier satisfaction. Key to these techniques is an unparalleled understanding of the asset, its M & E system’s and building occupiers and owners through continuous and constructive engagement.
The Mechanical & Electrical Consultancy team has a position available immediately in our London or Bristol offices for an experienced Building Services / Asset Engineer with a minimum of 10 years practical / post qualification experience.
This fantastic opportunity in our Mechanical & Electrical Consultancy team would suit an ambitious Electrical Building Services Engineer looking to apply their technical expertise in a property/asset consultancy context must be a good communicator, be self-motivated and have a good eye for detail.
- Providing electrical and mechanical expertise to clients in a wide variety of contexts within commercial facilities (non domestic)
- Have good working knowledge of “European Economic Area” Building Services Engineering standards, policies, and legislation
- Knowledge of applicable laws and building codes, safety legislation and approved codes of practice e.g. L8
- Supporting business development activity for mechanical and electrical consultancy discipline and wider business where appropriate
- Prepare and manage engineering projects to include: specification, design, life cycle cost, equipment selection, planned maintenance programmes, dilapidations, acquisitions and the preparation of and review of tender documentation
- Conduct surveys to gather field data e.g. asset collection
- Review development plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices
- Perform Building Services Engineering duties surrounding electrical, mechanical and public health systems
- Demonstrate awareness of sustainable construction, operations and maintenance
- Organising resources and ensuring that services and projects are carried out to an agreed programme and within budget
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in building services consultancy, with an electrical and mechanical bias
- Excellent technical knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems; ability to investigate, identify and provide solutions to technical problems
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills (verbal and written), with experience presenting (you will often be required to present solutions directly to ‘c-suite’ level stakeholders)
- Experience in the preparation of technical reports for delivery direct to a client audience
- Ability to problem solve and propose multiple solutions to Clients and objectively summarise the benefits and shortfalls of each
- Qualification to be at least (NVQ3) in building services engineering e.g. Mechanical / Electrical Engineering and ten years’ experience (following qualification) or recognised Engineering Degree
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule involving travel throughout the United Kingdom
- Possession of a valid passport and EU recognised full driving licence
In return, a competitive salary, bonus scheme, car allowance, 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, pension (5% Employee, 4% Employer), life insurance (4 x salary), etc there on.