The Environmental and Sustainability division of a South West based Consultancy are looking to expand their team in Q1 and Q2 of 2024. They are looking to hire an experienced “Carbon Consultant” to assist their clients with the delivery of carbon accounting and creation of net zero strategies.
Working closely with the Project Management and Cost Consultancy teams they provide Environmental services for Developers, Construction companies and Local Authorities. Their services covers three key workstreams:
- Providing Energy & Sustainability Statements and BREEAM Certification for construction projects
- Strategic and wholistic organisational assessments plotting businesses current environmental impact and their journey to NET Zero
- Specific advice around decarbonisation strategies heat decarbonisation plans, feasibility studies for PSDS funding, carbon modelling/energy performance modelling.
The successfully “Carbon Consultant” will join an existing team of 5 and take responsibility for delivering sustainability assignments including Carbon Footprint Analysis, Net Zero Strategies, Carbon impact assessments and overall decarbonisation strategies.
Experience in carbon accounting – scope 1, 2 & 3 emissions
- Knowledge of UK legislation and policy.
- Understanding of industry trends, best practice, new legislation and policy (i.e. Government, GLA, RIBA, CIBSE, UKGBC)
- A holistic understanding of the development and delivery of net zero buildings
- Working knowledge of whole life carbon assessments and embodied carbon calculations, using software such as One-Click LCA
- Appropriate Membership Status of a Relevant Professional Body such as IEMA, IES, CIWEM, CIEEM.
Whats in it for you
- Fantastic salary and benefits package
- Unlimited Holiday
- Flexible working
- Exciting team culture
- Career development