Chartered General Practice Surveyor – Truro
Our client is on the lookout for a Chartered GP Surveyor for their Truro office.
This provides an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and self-motivated professional to progress their career with a successful award winning firm. The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking valuation, lease advisory, property consultancy and agency work across a range of clients. Valuations are in the main for lending purposes however there is a growing element of non-lending valuation work, including asset valuation for public sector clients. The successful candidate will be confident in dealing with colleagues and clients, at all levels, delivering consistently high-level assistance through effective communication, prioritisation, multi-tasking with a ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to work on their own initiative, maintain and grow existing client relationships, negotiate effectively and generate new business opportunities.
The successful candidate will be chartered and a Registered Valuer with the RICS, required to undertake valuation, lease advisory, property consultancy and agency.
- Undertake Red Book valuation reports
- Report to Clients
- Provide sound and profitable market advice
- Deliver work in a timely manner
- Undertake viewings at various commercial properties
- Attend on site to allow access to contractors
- Measure and photograph premises
- Prepare marketing reports for the disposal of freehold and leasehold properties
- Prepare pre-acquisition reports for freehold and leasehold properties
- Prepare market campaign reports, to include liaison with PR and Marketing agencies as required
- Collate demographic data and comparable evidence associated with property acquisition work
- Prepare site appraisals and associated matters
- Data input and management of in house database
- Contribute to the business and success of the firm, providing a professional and high quality of service to clients
- Business generation
- Maintain and grow existing client relationships, both internal and external
- Identify opportunities for further business development
- Work with other internal departments to enhance revenue streams
What we are looking for:
- Excellent Client Care and Service Delivery
- Strong report writing skills
- IT literate in MS Word, Excel and Outlook as a minimum
- A highly motivated commercial approach
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong prioritisation, time management and attention to details
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative
- Adaptable and proactive
- Receptive to change
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good team player
- Flexible approach
- Experience with investment and development valuation packages (preferably Argus/Kel)
- Full clean driving licence
- RICS qualified
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Package based on experience
- Established, local consultancy with reach throughout the South West and nationally.
- Autonomy with excellent admin support.
For more information on this role and others we may have please call Daniel Wright for an informal chat. Due to the high number of applications, if you have not received a reply within 7 days, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We will keep your details on file for future roles. Thank you.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.