Chartered Surveyor – Rating and Valuation
We are recruiting for a national, award-winning property consultancy delivering high profile, inspiring developments to a range of public and private sector clients across the UK.
Their Norwich Office architecture and design team are at the centre of their creativity and innovation, delivering a range of high-profile projects of varying size and complexity, as well as inspiring buildings that make a real difference to the local communities.
As their portfolio continues to expand with an increasing volume of client commissions, we have an exciting opportunity for a Chartered Surveyor to join their well-established Estates and Asset Management team located in Norwich on a part-time, permanent position working 18.5 hours per week.
Primarily servicing Norfolk County Council, within this role you will take responsibility for the delivery of rating services to meet prescribed targets in accordance with all relevant policies, standards and legislation. You will undertake all aspects of non-domestic rating work including:
- Assessing non-domestic rates for land and buildings
- Managing a portfolio of client’s assets to minimise their business rates liabilities
- Negotiating and settling appeals against rating assessments, including presenting cases at Valuation Tribunals
- Identifying business development areas to secure new clients and create opportunities for other services
- Supporting the wider team of Chartered Surveyors in their operational objectives.
- Observing and complying with the quality management system and ensure that work commitments are undertaken on time, to budget, to target fee and to the satisfaction of the client.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for an experienced Chartered Surveyor who can demonstrate a depth of industry experience and knowledge along with the following;
- Professional membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors with at least 2 years PQE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in an Estates related discipline is essential
- Legal knowledge of, compulsory purchase and compensation, landlord and tenant and knowledge of property valuation techniques
- Full UK driving licence as this role requires frequent travel to other offices and sites
What’s in it for you?
Alongside a competitive salary, fantastic workplace environment and the chance to be part of a company that promotes a culture of employee investment, they can offer you:
- Salary of £50,000 pro-rata (37 hour FTE)
- 27 days annual leave + bank holidays
- BUPA Health Cash Plan
- Amber Pension Scheme
- Flexible working arrangements