COMMERCIAL (COMPLIANCE) GAS ENGINEER – Foreman
The business were formed in 1947 in Shropshire and has remained a privately owned family business ever since. With an unrivalled reputation within the building services sector, we offer a comprehensive electrical and mechanical design, installation and maintenance service across many sectors.
We are now seeking qualified Commercial Gas Engineers to assist with delivery of our contract in the Plymouth area. Previous experience working in a commercial environment is preferred. You will be covering commercial gas service and maintenance and other mechanical compliance items.
You will attend regular toolbox talks and work with the QHSE Manager to ensure health and safety is compliant at all times.
You will need:
You will have a CSCS card and a good basic understanding of site-based H&S.
- Relevant commercial gas elements essential.
- NVQ Level 3
- Gas Safe
- Valid Asbestos Awareness
- Working At Height or PASMA
- Manual Handling
- Driving license.
Dodd Group offer a structured route for progression, with continued support and training. Liveried company van, fuel card and uniform, mobile phone and tablet, 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays, competitive rates of pay.
- 40 Hrs PW ( typically 8.00- 5.00) there will be an opportunity from time to time for some overtime and will be expected to participate in an out of hours rota.
- Current JIB mechanical rates of pay will apply ( rate depending on status ) See rates below.
- 21 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- We will put successful candidates through Asbestos Awareness, Working at Heights, Manual Handling training etc.
- There will be a liveried van provided.
- There will be a fuel card provided ( Business use only).
- We provide Power tools, electrical testers and ladders etc. We do not provide hand tools.
- We will provide uniform and all PPE.
- There will be a mobile phone allowance.
- JIB Craftsman – £15.74
- JIB Advanced Craftsman – £17.20
- JIB Mechanical Technician – £19.44
You’ll work in a friendly, inclusive environment where people understand the value of their contribution and are encouraged to recognise a job well done. You’ll be part of an open, engaged culture where everyone has a voice and the opportunity to get involved, as well as make a real difference.
Dodd Group are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.