Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor sought, Sellafield. Girling Jones are working alongside a tier one MEP Contractor working on a major, long-term project in Sellafield. We are seeking both Commercial Managers and MEP Senior Quantity Surveyors to join the team delivering MEP services to this large, major scheme.
In this role you will manage the local commercial team and practices, advising senior management on the commercial risks and opportunities on contracts from tender to completion. Being responsible for the Commercial performance of several projects. Providing commercial support and advice to Work Winning and other functions as required. Support the Commercial Director in preparing the regional management accounts and contributing to Contract Reviews.
Day to day,
- Ensure the accuracy and rationality of all project level risk and opportunity schedules
- Manage the implementation of identified mitigation and enhancement, and report back to the business
- Provide leadership to the commercial team, maximising potential of both the teams and the individuals within them
- Build and maintain high level mutually beneficial customer, key supplier and vendor relationships
- Carry out negotiations with customers on contract terms, valuation of works, and final account settlement
- Attend contract reviews and assist with ensuring the accuracy and integrity of costs and values forecast by project teams
- Assist the Commercial Director with preparation and updating of business plans and local management accounts
- Monitor and manage the commercial performance of the projects and project commercial staff
- Work with project commercial teams to prepare the commercial plan, ensuring all identified contract obligations, conditions precedent and risks are communicated and understood by the project team
- Identify measures to protect the company and improve contract profitability
- Ensure all records are generated and maintained, using records to avoid or manage disputes
- Be responsible for the submission of applications for payment, reporting to the finance function on when and how much is to be received. Ensure payment is received in line with the contract
- Manage the ongoing commercial aspects of subcontracts, including agreement of terms and conditions
- Significant experience of responsibility for the for the commercial performance of projects
- Ideally a background in MEP Building Services projects, gained either in a large MEP contractor or main contractor
- Experience of managing a commercial team
- Ideally a degree in a relevant discipline (commercial management / quantity surveying)
- NEC experience highly advantageous
- We are offering a competitive package to include your annual salary, car / allowance, 25 days A/L, pensions (up to 8%), healthcare and various there on.