Term: Full Time/ Permanent
Salary: £37,000 – £42,000 p.a plus use of company van
Location: MOD Abbey Wood
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Centre Engineer to join our Core Services team at VIVO based in Bristol.
The purpose of this role is to support all maintenance and new minor project activities at MoD Abbey Wood specialist assets.
- Carry out routine/essential planned preventative maintenance tasks as required across HV and LV distribution systems (including generators), associated plant/equipment, and HVAC mechanical cooling/heating systems, in a safe, efficient and effective manner at several key MOD buildings within the area
- Undertake fault finding, investigation and reactive repairs to a variety of different types of installations, such as:
- DX Splits
- Package Chillers
- Dry coolers
- UPS units
- Static switches
- LV generators
- Trend BMS System
- Investigate faults, identify root causes of faults and prepare accurate/timely reports on plant and equipment failures.
- Monitor BMS for running and alarm conditions
- Liaising with Technical representative / client representatives in respect of corrective repair works
- Manage a schedule of work and ensure all associated administration duties are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Review and contribute to Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and ensure compliance at all times
- Work from drawings and specifications and other documentation without the need for direct supervision
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the WorkManager system and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner
- Deliver continuous improvement within the scope of the role and keep to key performance indicators
- Ensure that confidentiality is observed at all times and that matters relating to duties undertaken or information received during the course of duties remains confidential
- Support the ongoing completion of Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Security & Fraud and Sustainability processes and initiatives
- Comply with the extra security restrictions in place in some buildings
- Support management in providing optimal solutions to customer requirements including acting as a single point of contact (SPOC) for the data centres.
- Engage and adopt a culture that strives to maintain 100% uptime
- Understand operational priorities of the HoE, develop and maintain close working and effective relationships with Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and end users to pro-actively support estate activities and provide professional and technical advice as required.
- Pro-actively support a safety culture in which teams and individuals are responsible and accountable for their actions and perform at their best, improve performance and realise their full potential
- Building relationships and rapport with end users and other site personnel
- Provide a efficient and quality service to clients and customers, keeping to SLA’s agreed with client
- Attend emergency call outs, including those outside core hours
- Present a smart image, wear the uniform provided, and ensure ID is available at all times.
- Pro-actively support a safety culture in which teams and individuals are responsible and accountable for their actions and perform at their best, improve performance and realise their full potential.
What Skills You’ll Need To Do The Role:
- Full electrical trade qualification
- 18th Edition IEE regulations
- Basic IT skills, including using a PDA
- Able to obtain and maintain basic and SC security clearance
- Requirement to travel across all sites within area of responsibility
- Demonstrable practical experience in data centre environments, including:
- A good understanding of electrical and cooling requirements in critical environments
- Flexible approach to work requirements and hours of work
- Prioritising tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Planning and completing personal objectives
- Full UK driving licence
Nice To Have:
- 2079-11 City and Guilds Level 2 Award in F-Gas and ODS Regulations: Category I
- 6187-01 City and Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in installing, testing and maintaining air-conditioning and heat pump systems
- 6187-02 City and Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in installing and maintaining refrigeration systems
- Accredited First Aid qualification
- Accredited Health and Safety qualification
- SC clearance or other similar security clearance
- Membership of a relevant professional body
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to pass SC security clearance.