Deputy Electrical Systems Manager (AP), Plymouth. Girling Jones require a Deputy Electrical Manager to join the estates team within Plymouth University. As Deputy Electrical Systems manager you will assist the Electrical Systems Manager in managing the University electrical infrastructure.
This is an exciting role, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to major construction project designs, commissioning and handover. You will be supporting the management and key decision making required to ensure the effective operation of the University Estate. You will be strongly supported by the Electrical Systems Manager and wider team, with the opportunity for professional development and training. This will include, but not be limited to, High and Low Voltage Authorised Person Training. Furthermore, there will be opportunities to develop Project Management, Building Surveying, Finance and/or Management skills if desired. Professional Registration and development will also be supported.
Day to day,
- Ensuring that planned and reactive maintenance are carried out to schedule, assisting in implementing Safe Systems of work on electrical systems, supporting the oversight of timely and safe electrical systems maintenance work, ensuring that all projects are compliant with appropriate legislation and regulations and contributing to electrical elements of building design and building handover.
- Applications are encouraged from anyone with electrical knowledge and experience, including electricians, graduates and engineers without any management experience.
- You will have a thorough understanding and demonstrate experience of Electrical Engineering. It is essential that you are an electrical professional with electrical qualifications and experience. You will be or will become up to date with current legislation and wiring regulations.
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Electrical qualification eg Electricians NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent)
- Electrical regulation training e.g. 18th Edition Wiring Regulations and/or City & Guilds
- Initial and Periodic Electrical Inspection and Testing (2391 or 2394&5)
- You will have excellent people skills and proactively develop customer relationships with a diplomatic personal style in addressing customer needs.
In return, we are offering a competitive package, etc there on.