Do you have a strong technical background within engineering? Are you looking for a role where you can be a part of multiple projects, from the initial design briefs to roll out? If so a our client has a great opportunity to join their Project Delivery team as a Design Coordinator!
If you have previously worked as a Project Manager, Site Engineer or an Off-Site Engineer where you have site experience with design, buildability and project delivery, then I want to hear from you!
Our clients Engineering and Sustainable Delivery (E&SD) team is responsible for delivering a wide range of water treatment and wastewater treatment projects across the region, using the services of both in-house and external design consultants and contractors.
Working as part of the site-based project delivery team in Avonmouth, the role of the Design Co-ordinator is to manage the design process and to act as an interface between consultants, contractors and Operations to ensure designs are delivered in accordance with Wessex Water requirements.
This is a long-term role within the project team, with opportunities for development and exposure to other project activities and responsibilities.
This will include:
- The management of the various design activities being undertaken by external consultants throughout the project delivery. The preparation and agreement of design briefs, fee proposals, programmes and general management of the contract to ensure the design team delivers in line with the agreed financial approvals and programmes
- coordinating and organising surveys to provide client data to establish project scope?
- ensuring that recommended solutions are sustainable and best value in terms of whole life costs
- representing the client and supporting the Project Manager in dealing with the various stakeholder interfaces
- attending workshops and regular design meetings to review design proposals and consider issues such as buildability, commissioning, HAZOPs, Control Philosophy and URS reviews?
- managing drawing and document administration to ensure consultants and contractors meet project and regulatory requirements
What do I need?
To be successful you will hold a degree or equivalent qualification in engineering and have a strong technical background, ideally with experience in the water industry and knowledge of relevant technical standards and systems. You will also have a full appreciation of the key civil, mechanical and electrical design interfaces involved in delivering a project.
An understanding of treatment processes and a good generalist background is required (Civils or Mechanical and Electrical).
If you have previously worked as a Project Manager, Site Engineer or an Off-Site Engineer where you have site experience with design, buildability and project delivery, then this could be transferable into the role.
You will be a confident and effective communicator with both internal colleagues and external contractors. You will also be IT literate and comfortable with report writing.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.