Electrical Project Engineer sought, Solihull. Girling Jones are seeking an Electrical Project Engineer to join a multinational, multi technical services provider, based out of their Solihull offices. We will initial require an Electrical Project Engineer to assist with the delivery of an exceptionally large, high value project in the Oxford region, works there on would be within the greater West Midlands, circa 75 miles radius of Solihull (worth noting the site bonus as listed within the remuneration below).
About the role,
- The role will be based at their Solihull office and site based, on projects within 75-mile radius of the office.
- You will be responsible for the successful delivery of electrical projects from tender stage through to handover with emphasis on technical, health & safety, programming, procurement, commercial and quality systems. Overall responsibility for management of designers, sub-contractors, suppliers, supervisors, and engineering support staff. Accountable to the Project Manager and Quantity Surveyor.
- Be aware of health and safety requirements and the continual assessment/control of risk
- Trimble design software for cable sizing models, distribution boards schedules & protection studies
- MPP for programming and programme management including procurement and progress reporting
- Understand a project commissioning plan and comply with all aspects.
- Produce builderswork details in sketch format including duct and conduit setting out
- Produce schematics in Autocad and match to cable sizing and distribution boards
- Interpret contract drawings and specifications (including architectural and structural)
- Identify changes in relation to the contract
- Manage and monitor costs and second take off if necessary
- Carry out value engineering
- Produce technical submissions
- Carry out bid analysis and vetting of quotations/proposals
- Procure plant items and sub-contractor packages (engineering, commercial, planning & safety)
- Manage draughting resources to produce detailed installation drawings
- Understand methods of build such as structure, externals, partitions, raised floors and ceilings
- Have a basic understanding of mechanical systems
- Have planning skills to understand overall sequence, identify key dates and monitor progress
- Produce inspection and test plans
- Manage testing, commissioning and demonstration phase including training
What you’ll need to succeed,
- ONC / HNC in building services engineering / electrical engineering
- Relevant electrical qualifications (city & guilds, etc)
- CSCS / IOSH / SMSTS
- JCT D&B and NEC Contract Awareness
- Ideally, a proven history of delivering high value technical projects, having worked previously for a tier 1 MEP Contractor
- Excellent communication skills and visibility with site operations
What you’ll get in return,
- A competitive salary based on experience (£50,000 – £60,000), with a package as you would assume from a leading, multination company to include a car / allowance, pension (6/9%), site bonus (if site based further than a certain business, you will receive a monthly site bonus to compensate), 25 days annual leave, etc. You will work for a global multi-technical solutions provider who puts their employee’s development and progression at the front of their business plans.