An exciting new role to be an electrician at MOD Abbey Wood in Bristol undertake effective, compliant and timely delivery of planned and reactive electrical maintenance tasks in Ministry of Defence establishments.
- Carry out planned maintenance activities.
- Undertake fault finding, investigation and reactive repairs to a variety of different types of installations.
- Ensure all equipment is checked before use, is fit for use, and that you are trained to use it.
- Manage a schedule of work and ensure all associated administration duties are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Review and contribute to Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and ensure compliance at all times.
- Work from drawings and specifications and other documentation without the need for direct supervision.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets via the PDA and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Notify management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Deliver continuous improvement within the scope of the role and keep to key performance indicators.
- Ensure that confidentiality is observed at all times and that matters relating to duties undertaken or information received during the course of duties remains confidential.
- Support the ongoing completion of Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Security & Fraud and Sustainability processes and initiatives.
- Comply with the extra security restrictions in place in some buildings.
Role Specific Requirements:
- This role will be based on the VIVO FDIS Built Estate Contract, will be responsible for sites in SDA 18 (Bristol), and the main place of work will be MoD Abbey Wood
- The sites covered by Bristol office are: Abbey Wood, DBS Bristol, Abbey Wood North, plus other smaller sites.
- There is a requirement to be part of an on-call rota, being available for call outs outside normal working hours (attendance within 1 hour of call being placed).
- Demonstrable practical experience in Commercial and Industrial Electrical Works.
- Full electrical trade qualification (Level 3 or higher)
- 18th Edition IEE regulations
- AM2 accreditation
- Able to obtain SC clearance or other similar security clearance.
- Flexible approach to work requirements and hours of work.
- Planning and completing personal objectives.
- Providing face to face support and advice to customers across the business.
Nice To Have:
- Experience of operating in a security sensitive environment/and or previous SC clearance.
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety requirements including COSHH and RIDDOR.
- Previous experience of operating in an MOD environment.
- Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, DDA, energy performance, sustainability etc.
- City & Guilds 2391, or equivalent
- Accredited First Aid qualification
- Accredited Health and Safety qualification
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Asbestos awareness training
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to pass BPSS security clearance.
- Salary – £32,000- £35,000
- Company Vehicle