Working Hours: Monday – Friday 8am-5pm + Out of hours rota
Salary: £38,000 + additional pay for out of hours rota
This business has been awarded places on the Defence FM and Housing Maintenance framework contracts.
Within the team we are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineers to undertake repairs, maintenance and small minor-new works at MOD Lyneham and the surrounding area.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager. You will work as part of the on-site engineering team and daily tasks will be allocated via tablet device or paper-based task instruction.
Within this role you will be required to undertake Statutory, Mandatory and Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks in a safe and efficient manner. You will ensure all tasks and relevant records are completed comprehensively and timely within service level agreements.
This role will see you carry out reactive repairs / callouts on mission critical assets in a timely manner, this will involve participating in an on-call rota to cover emergency call outs during non-core hours.
Daily tasks can include;
- Completing compliance activity and minor works in accordance with JSP375
- Undertaking minor installation works e.g. refurbishment projects
- Ensuring all H&S documentation (RAMS) are present prior to engaging the task
- Reviewing and contributing to Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Working from drawings and specifications and other documentation without the need for direct supervision
- Notifying management of any defects on equipment or systems
- Attending team briefs, Toolbox talks and technical bulletins
- Mentorship of apprentices
What you’ll need to do this role
- You will use your previous experience within similar environments you will be able demonstrate knowledge of relevant Health and Safety requirements including COSHH and RIDDOR.
- This role will include travel within multiple locations so you must hold a full, clean UK driving licence. A company van will be provided for business use.
- It is essential that you already hold your electrical qualifications – Including City and Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing, COMPEX Parts 1-4, AM1 & AM2.
- It is desirable that you have experience of operating within either an MOD or Construction/Property Maintenance environment.
- You must be able to pass SC Clearance to be considered for this role.
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- 25 Days annual leave
- Volunteer leave
- One paid professional subscription
- Life Assurance Policy
- Employee discount and reward schemes
- Interesting, varied, and enjoyable work
- A company that recognises your contribution
- Training opportunities and qualifications within a supportive environment to ensure career progression