Location: Imjin Barracks & Gloucester sites
Full Time – Perm
Up to £35,000 (Depending on Experience)
Undertake effective, compliant and timely delivery of planned and reactive electrical maintenance tasks in Ministry of Defence establishments in Imjin Barracks
Technical Responsibilities for the Electrician
- Undertake fault finding, investigation and reactive repairs to a variety of different types of installations.
- Ensure all equipment is checked before use, is fit for use, and that you are trained to use it.
- Manage a schedule of work and ensure all associated administration duties are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Review and contribute to Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and ensure compliance at all times.
- Work from drawings and specifications and other documentation without the need for direct supervision.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets via the PDA and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Notify management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Deliver continuous improvement within the scope of the role and keep to key performance indicators.
- Support the ongoing completion of Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Security & Fraud and Sustainability processes and initiatives.
- Comply with the extra security restrictions in place in some buildings.
- Support management in providing optimal solutions to customer requirements.
- Understand operational priorities of the site, develop and maintain close working and effective relationships with Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and end users to pro-actively support estate activities and provide professional and technical advice as required.
- Assist in the resolution of complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Assist in the coordination of the day-to-day activities of the site team, monitor the safe working of Skilled Persons, and ensure all operatives follow the requirements for JSP 375.
- Requirement to travel across all sites within area of responsibility.
- C&G 2357 NVQ Level 3 Electrical Installation / Maintenance
- Demonstrable practical experience in Commercial and Industrial Electrical Works.
- Flexible approach to work requirements and hours of work.
Prioritising tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Working as part of a wider team to ensure compliance with KPIs.
- Full electrical trade qualification (Level 3 or higher)
- 18th Edition IEE regulations
- AM2 accreditation
- Good standards of numeracy and literacy
- Basic IT skills, including using a PDA
- You’ll be required to participate in an on-call rota approx. 1 week in every 6.
Nice to Haves
- Experience of operating in a security sensitive environment/and or previous SC clearance.
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety requirements including COSHH and RIDDOR
- Previous experience of operating in an MOD environment.
- Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, DDA, energy performance, sustainability etc.
- City & Guilds 2391, or equivalent
- Accredited First Aid qualification
- Accredited Health and Safety qualification
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Asbestos awareness training
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain a Security Clearance (SC).