Calling all Estimators…
Girling Jones have partnered with a reputable family owned civil engineering company, to procure an Estimator for their team. This company typically works across, Devon, Wiltshire, Somerset and Cornwall. Specialising in Highways, drainage, surfacing, S278 works.
As an Estimator, you will be responsible for managing tenders from inception to submission & post tender negotiations, typically up to £2M.
- Researching materials, equipment and labour costs.
- Gathering quotes from sub contractors and suppliers.
- Analysing company data, exchange rates and prices using software packages.
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work.
- Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities
- Computing costs by analysing labour, material, and time requirement
- Dispute resolution
What do we need from you?
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the following:
- Minimum 3 years working for a contractor in the Estimator role
- Hold a relevant civil engineering related qualification (Degree, HNC or similar)
- Experience in Cost Planning would be advantageous
- Proven knowledge of standard estimating software – Conquest
Please click on the “Apply Now” button to be considered for this role