Finance Manager sought, Bristol / London / Reading. Girling Jones require a Finance Manager to join a leading MEP Contractor within their southern region. With over 100 years of trading history and an annual turnover exceed £500M, you will be joining not only a business with a proud heritage but a bright future too.
This is a high-profile position within the divisional engineering team and overall group, requiring a hands-on proactive approach to positively impact the business. This is a real opportunity for the right candidate to put their own mark on this new role.
The business has a flexible approach to working based on the needs of the business and the location of the role holder can be flexible. The group’s head office is the north (where the majority of the finance team are located), however the candidate will be required to have a regular office / on site presence in the South (the group has offices in Bristol, Reading, London and Birmingham) to ensure effective business support and to build relationships.
- Responsible for balance sheet and working capital reporting for Engineering division’s South business units (Midlands, South West, Reading and London), ensuring its integrity by understanding and analysing the key working capital balances and how / when these will convert into cash flows, driving financial discipline, and bringing clarity and simplicity of reporting for key themes, risks and opportunities
- Responsible for the preparation and reporting of South business unit monthly management accounts, performance, variances and trends
- Responsible for the preparation and reporting of South business unit quarterly forecasts, the annual budget and three-year strategic plan
- Succinctly and clearly presenting analyses and themes for these key reporting processes to stakeholders at various review meetings
- Own the South business unit short-term cash flow (3 month) and long-term cash flow (12 months) forecasting models ensuring they are fit for purpose as the business and its systems / processes evolve
- Take a lead role in the planned system and process improvements for CVR reporting (Cost Value Reconciliation) which aims to streamline and automate the contract reporting process with greater insight into contract operational and financial performance metrics
- Being the key point of contact for the external auditors on South business units
- Be able to work closely with the wider Engineering and Group finance team whilst building strong relationships with the operational and commercial senior leadership teams of the South business units (mainly Commercial and Operational Directors)
What you’ll need to succeed,
- ACA or CIMA qualified with relevant post qualification experience within a related sector (Building Services Engineering / Tier 1 Contracting etc)
- Experience in a construction contracting environment including long-term contract accounting and balance sheet rigor
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the confidence to challenge stakeholders
- Experience of designing and implementing new reporting / management information in an efficient manner
- Experience in summarising key messages in a simple manner from large volumes of data
- Experience in working capital and cash modelling
- Excellent at data manipulation (excel skills)
- We are offering a competitive package (circa £70,000 DoE), with an attractive package there on to include a pension of 8/9%, healthcare etc there on. You will be joining a progressive business that offers onward growth and development.