Girling Jones are recruiting a Fire Alarm LV Engineer for a South West Managing Agent for various properties including blocks of flats, converted houses of multiple occupation and modern housing estates; The business specifically look after internal communal areas and external open spaces as well as business parks, education and leisure complexes.
The business, established in the 1970’s now manages in excess of 270 blocks of apartments, housing estates and retirement complexes, containing over 6000 units across the south west and its expertise continues to ensure owners and tenants are treated fairly.
The business continues to enjoy growth in the maintenance area through the exceptional level of service and choice for developers, residents’ management companies and landlords – adding value and giving real
Due to growth, the electrical team requires a Fire Alarm/Low Voltage Engineer to fill a permanent full time position and to add value and be a part of the continued success of the team.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Installing and maintaining a variety of access control
- Undertake minor electrical works
- Assist with the maintenance of minor electrical works to
- vehicle and pedestrian gates
- Respond to both reactive and cyclical maintenance job
- Installing, maintaining, and testing medium to large
- commercial fire alarm systems.
Key attributes of a successful candidate include:
- Friendly, positive and helpful approach
- Able to thrive within a team and assist the Department
- Confident in IT to assist with use of bespoke in house software
- Experience with installing and maintaining medium to large
- commercial fire alarm systems. Conventional and addressable
- Ability to undertake minor electrical works.
- Ideal candidate will also have knowledge of electrical vehicle
Benefits for you
- Salary £30,000 – £40,000 DOE & Benefits
- Monday – Friday
- 29 Days Holiday per annum pro rata including Bank Holidays
- Company Vehicle provision