Fire & Security Engineer
£32,000 Plus Van
As a Fire and Security Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safety and compliance of our facilities, primarily across various Ministry of Defence sites and commercial clients. Your primary responsibility will be to perform planned and reactive maintenance tasks on fire alarm systems, ensuring they meet the required safety standards
- Undertake service and regular maintenance of Fire, Intruder, CCTV, and Access control systems.
- Conduct testing and simulation exercises on fire and security systems to ensure their functionality in case of emergencies.
- Respond promptly to emergency call-outs for systems, ensuring minimum downtime.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues with systems and performing repairs or replacements as needed.
- Complete daily work sheets and test certificates, ensuring accurate and comprehensive records of all tasks performed.
- Ensure that all installed systems comply with relevant UK regulations and standards. Required Skills and Abilities:
- Provide information to supervisors and managers to facilitate solutions to problems.
- Work closely with other engineers, technicians, and construction professionals as part of a team.
- Consistently produce work to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all works are carried out in line with Client standards, policies and procedures and expectations.
- Knowledge of relevant standards such as BS 5839-1 and PD 6662 etc.
- Experience of both conventional and addressable Fire Alarm and Detection equipment
- Must be able to gain and retain MoD Security clearance.
- Experience of various intruder, CCTV and Access Control equipment
- Previous knowledge and experience of MOD contracts
- Experience of performing multi skilled tasks
- Recognised experience within the Fire and Security sector
- Up to date knowledge of latest legislation
- Full valid UK Driving Licence
- FIA Training
- Electrical Qualifications (C&G/NVQ in an Electrical Discipline, 18th Edition etc)