Heating Service and Breakdown Engineer, (Renewable, Oil & LPG Training provided)
Girling Jones are currently recruiting for a Domestic Gas Engineer around Tavistock.
The successful applicant will be servicing, diagnosing and repairing appliances and components installed in our customers homes. These include bespoke and high quality heating systems within private homes, or select renovation projects.
These will include conventional systems such as Gas / Oil / LPG combi boilers and unvented/vented water/heating systems as well as Air & Ground source heat pumps, solar thermal systems.
No prior experience of renewable technologies or Oil/LPG fuels are required, we provide on the job training while you get paid!
- Full time, permanent position
- Highly competitive salary, we pay well for good work! £35,000- £40,000
- PLUS flexible overtime
- ALL overtime and out of hour call outs paid
- Company Van
- Company iPad
- Loyalty reward increasing holiday package
- Pension package
- Regular company events and social activities
- Core Nat Gas & Add on’s compulsory
- More than 5 years total experience compulsory
- Experience of diagnosing Combi’s as well as S & Y Plan systems is vital
Want to expand your knowledge and skill?
- LPG & Oil, Training provided if with position if needs be. Get paid to learn!
- Opportunities to progress into Commercial, in time, if desired
- Not sure about heat pumps and renewables? We provide training on those too!
We are a 18 strong, local, family run company, offering a high quality service to our customers, and we are looking to expand our highly valued team of expert engineers. If you are an expert in your field, thorough in your work, and want to work for a company that takes pride in their employees, and their work, then please get in touch.
- 5* Rated WHICH Trusted Traders
- 5* Rated Google business listing
- Worcester PLATINUM Accredited Installers
- Financial Conduct Authority Approved
- Working within the industry for over 40 years
- Two generation Family company
- OFTEC, Gas Safe, WIAPS, CIHPE etc.
- Limited company for over 12 years, established for many years more.
- Supply high quality services to private housing and detailed renovation projects
- Work based around Tavistock & Plymouth, incorporating West Devon and East Cornwall.
- Additional leave
- Company car
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Free or subsidised travel
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Loyalty bonus
- Signing bonus
- Yearly bonus
- CCN1 & Appliances (preferred)
- Clean Driving License (preferred)
- NVQ Level 3 or Equivalent (preferred)”