Graduate Building Surveyor
A South West England Building Consultancy team residing in Bristol is on the lookout for a Graduate Building Surveyor to join the team. With instructions and projects throughout the region, and a multi-disciplinary office in Exeter that also offers support.
The team specialises in project management of office fitouts along with professional work, which is predominantly dilapidations, building surveys, Party Walls and Schedules of Condition. Accordingly, they can offer the opportunity to assist a surveyor with gaining the requisite experience for their APC.
Key focus of job:
To support colleagues in the Building Consultancy team undertaking core building surveying disciplines, including project management of office fitouts, design and contract administration, dilapidations, building pathology, due diligence services, condition surveys, party wall and reinstatement cost assessments.
- Gain experience to work towards becoming a Chartered member of the RICS.
- Provide support on instructions to senior surveyors within the BC team.
- Undertake instructions with support from senior colleagues.
- To contribute towards departmental financial performance targets.
- To liaise (where appropriate) with other departments and divisions.
- Suitable qualifications with eligibility to apply for RICS Chartered membership.
- Computer Literacy, specifically in Microsoft Office (Word / Excel / Powerpoint), AutoCAD and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to prioritise conflicting workloads.
- Capable of diligently working alone or as part of a team.
- Possess a valid UK driving license
- Understand the structure of a multi-disciplinary firm of surveyors and the services offered.
- Have an awareness of how Building Consultancy adds value to other departments.
- Is a strong team player and is willing to develop their own skills and support the BC team to improve their delivery and profile
- Understands and listens to the personal needs of others.
- Communicates and converses well and is clearly understood by others in team
- Good attention to detail by regularly producing carefully prepared, accurate work.
- Uses thorough and effective data gathering techniques in all aspects of the work.
- Strong numeracy skills
- Good presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Good/strong report writing skills.
- Must use grammer effectively in written work.
- Good negotiation skills
- Presents a professional image when dealing with clients and demonstrates self confidence.
- Demonstrates confidence and understands own strengths and weaknesses.
- Highly organised.
- Demonstrates ambition and commitment to self development.
- Willing to travel, based on the geographical area we cover.
- Manages own time.
- Team Player