Graduate Building Surveyor
Are you studying a relevant qualification and considering a path as a Building Surveyor?
Want to join an award winning multi-disciplinary consultancy practice offering a competitive salary and an industry leading benefits package?
We are recruiting for an award-winning consultancy practice looking to take on a Graduate Building Surveyor to join their expanding Plymouth team.
An exciting and varied workload is on offer and an impressive package of APC support to help you ultimately achieve Chartered status. The vacancy presents a great opportunity to work within a knowledgeable and supportive team across a range of sectors including residential/commercial development, education, social housing, industrial, commercial, and retail, heritage, leisure and defence.
Operating from six offices across the South of England, they are a Building Top 150 consultancy offering Architectural, Interior Design, Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying, Project Management, Building Services Engineering, Civil & Structural Engineering and Town Planning services.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will be about to complete or have recently completed a RICS accredited degree within Building Surveying and be on track to achieve at least a 2:1 (BSc or MSc). The candidate must also hold a full UK drivers’ licence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and initiative-taking individual who is determined and passionate about becoming a Building Surveyor. You will be team focused, friendly and be looking to embark on the APC pathway.
- Generally working with the team and assisting staff both in the office and at site visits
- Support senior staff in the production of Condition Surveys, Dilapidations Schedules, Schedules of Work, Party Wall Notices etc
- Collect and record information from inspections or visits to buildings or construction sites such as surveys or site meetings
- Take appropriate measurements of buildings and land to produce plans (and be familiar with AutoCad, Revit skills would be advantages but not essential)
- Meet with other professionals, clients, customers and others to obtain and provide information relating to projects
- Ensure a safe working environment for themselves and others.
What’s in it for you?
- Join a growing consultancy with excellent progressional opportunities
- Regular and committed training and CPD opportunities
- Competitive Salary
- Private Healthcare
- Excellent enhanced pension scheme
- Enhanced sick pay scheme (including long term sickness insurance)
- Access to 24/7 counselling through our employee assistance helpline
- Access to free independent 1 to 1 financial advice
- Flexible working including homeworking where appropriate
For more information on this role and others we may have please call Daniel Wright for an informal chat. Due to the high number of applications, if you have not received a reply within 7 days, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We will keep your details on file for future roles. Thank you.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.