Our client is an award winning multidisciplinary consultancy providing architectural, civil & structural engineering and building surveying services to a wide range of private and public sector clients throughout the UK. We offer a truly integrated service to a wide range of sectors and bring specialist knowledge and skill to MoD estate and building heritage projects.
We have an exciting opportunity for a graduate civil or structural engineer to join our engineering design team on a diverse range of projects encompassing new build, refurbishment and historic building conservation projects.
We are looking for an individual who is confident and pro-active, with a hands-on approach and an interest in technology and innovation, who can work closely with others in a multidisciplinary design team. You will work with our team on the delivery of engineering projects throughout the Southwest.
We are offering a very competitive salary package and bonus scheme with support for career progression and professional qualification through our graduate training programme. Grab this unique opportunity to work in one of the most attractive parts of the UK whilst delivering industry leading design services throughout the UK. The position offers flexible working for a great work/life balance.
- Working within a multidisciplinary team on project delivery
- Development of civil/structural engineering designs to applicable standards
- Working up drawings, preparation of design details and specifications
- Undertake structural analysis and reporting
- Undertaking inspections and surveys on site, preparing reports with conclusions and recommendations.
- Contribute to the use of digital technology to improve processes and deliver efficiently.
Currently our engineering team is working on over 30 local and national projects. Our work ranges from concept design through to construction covering commercial, residential, airfields, MoD estate, ports and harbours and iconic historic buildings.
- Graduate with a degree in civil/structural engineering
- UK Passport and driving license
- Some experience in the use of software including Microsoft Excel and Word and Autodesk AutoCAD/Revit
- Have an enthusiasm for building/infrastructure design
- Have a passion for intelligent design in building refurbishment/reuse.
- An interest in innovation in construction
- Excellent communication skills, and technical knowledge
- Willing to travel and stay away from home when required