Graduate Quantity Surveyor (Plymouth)
Are you ready to embark on an exciting career journey with one of our clients as a “Graduate Quantity Surveyor”? This multidisciplinary construction consultancy delivers a range of in-house construction disciplines nationwide offering a collaborative service to their clients with a family ethos at the heart of what they do. They are on the lookout for a talented “Graduate Quantity Surveyor” to join their team. Their success is soaring, and they’re gearing up to take on a diverse range of thrilling projects, serving both public and private clients across various sectors.
They are looking to attract a “Graduate Quantity Surveyor” to join an existing team in the Plymouth office.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating closely with the team and providing support to senior staff both in the office and during site visits
- Engaging in ongoing training with the goal of attaining chartered status
- Preparing cost advice following RICS guidance notes, covering aspects such as order of cost estimates, viability reports, formal cost plans, cash-flow forecasts, life cycle and whole life cost assessments, and more
- Preparing tender documentation and effectively managing the tender process
- Handling the preparation of contracts with precision
- Accurately preparing valuations for progress payments
- Efficiently compiling post-contract cost reports
- Assisting with preparation of final accounts
The Ideal Candidate
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Strong proficiency in IT tools, including Word, Excel, email, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Outstanding organisational abilities for prioritising work and meeting deadlines
- Flexible with a positive approach
- Impressive client-facing skills, personable, and a keen sense of commercial awareness
What’s in it for you?
The successful “Graduate Quantity Surveyor” will receive a detailed and extensive induction as well as:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible working
- Private healthcare
- Up to 27 days annual leave
- Enhanced pension contributions