Graduate Quantity Surveyor – Exeter
Our client is looking to expand their team in the South West with the addition of a Graduate Quantity Surveyor. They provide independent consultancy services across a wide range of sectors throughout the UK and mainland Europe. Working on some of the largest private, public and utility sector clients. As a business they are experiencing growth and as a result we are seeking a talented and motivated Graduate QS to join our utilities team in Exeter
As a Graduate QS, you will provide support for the day to day delivery on projects / programmes of work and demonstrate the ability to take on tasks under supervision. You will support the preparation of budget estimates, cost plans, client reports, the evaluation of tenders, contractor selection and contract documentation. You will also support contract administration including preparation of valuations, forecasts, cost reports and attendance at project meetings. Working to deadlines, the successful candidate will be able to cope with demanding and changing timeframes.
What we are looking for?
- HND/HNC/OND/ONC or working towards a degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Construction or other RICS accredited degree
- Proactive and flexible in working style.
- Self-motivated and driven
- Essential for this role are the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with the project team and with a wide range of stakeholders in a flexible environment. Analytically minded with excellent IT skills, especially Excel are also important for the role.
What’s in it for you?
- £25,000 Circa.
- 37.5 hours per week
- Fully funded and supported training programmes, for example, Master degrees, chartership, RICS/APM/etc.
- Annual appraisals with RAG format leading to pay increases.
- Flexible working days/hours
- 3% / 5% pension
- Private healthcare with BUPA
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Health & Wellbeing focus and support
- 24 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays –ability to buy 10 days
For more information on this role and others we may have please call Daniel Wright for an informal chat. Due to the high number of applications, if you have not received a reply within 7 days, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We will keep your details on file for future roles. Thank you.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.