Calling all Graduate Structural Engineers!
To succeed in this role, you must have proven experience with digital design tools and the BIM environment. Are you our new Design Structural Engineer? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a foundation owned global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Building Structures Healthcare team
As our new Design Structural Engineer, you will be part of talented, fun and international team working on a number of national and international healthcare projects. We actively encourage design flair and early career responsibility. Our multi-disciplinary office are located throughout the UK.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will involve:
- Developing design fundamentals
- Carrying out structural design, analysis and FEM modelling
- Site visits
- Communicating designs to team members & construction sites
- Taking an active role in technical groups and team meetings to support continuous improvement
Your key deliverables over the first 12 months will be:
- Lead the design process for a work package (size suitable for level of experience)
- Take ownership and deliver one team’s improvement initiative
- Join ICE or IStructE training scheme and make demonstrable progress in achieving relevant attributes toward Chartership
Your starting point for constant growth
We will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. We provide growth and development opportunities in a supportive environment, work flexibly and care about our people’s wellbeing.
The position in our team will require some work experience with the following starting points:
- Ability to design reinforced concrete, steel and/or timber
- Experience of digital and parametric design
- Knowledge of assessment, retrofit and alteration of existing structures
- Knowledge of construction supervision, building investigation and structural testing
- Highly skilled in technical report writing
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: a ‘can do’ attitude with a strong desire to learn and be challenged, a passion for sustainability and a willingness to take ownership of your own work and development.