Health and Safety Manager – roaming role, Devon
Salary: £50-£65k per annum
Role: Are you a Health and Safety Manager with experience in working for a construction main contractor? Does an opportunity working with a smaller, privately owned regional building contractor with two offices in Devon working across South Devon on education, healthcare and commercial projects appeal to you, then read on!
We are working with this growing contractor who are seeking to appoint a new Health and Safety Manager into this newly created position to oversee all the health and safety functions for the company.
Your role will involve;
- Reporting to the three Directors, providing support to the Construction Director, Contracts Managers, and the site teams on HSE issues.
- Attending pre-commencement meetings to proactively contribute to the initial decisions made by the construction team on H&S matters.
- Assisting the Contracts Manager with the completion of the Construction Phase Plan, RAMS documentation.
- Providing updates to Directors on your monthly schedule of visits to include 4 weekly visits for all Clients and 2 weekly visits for all sites.
- Leading on accident/incident investigation. Producing detailed and factual investigation reports with establishment of immediate/contributory/ root cause analysis.
- Proactively liaising with site personnel as to ensure safe systems of work are developed such as the risk assessments and that controls are developed and implemented with those completing the works.
- Developing and maintaining personal Health & Safety knowledge and demonstrate this through ‘continuous professional development’.
The most suitable Health and Safety Manager will ideally have a formal Health & Safety qualification and 10+ years experience in a similar environment. Relevant IOSH | NEBOSH qualifications are also expected. For more information please contact Martin Randall on 01392 493347 or click to apply.