Position: Health and Safety Advisor, Devon
Salary/Rate: £40k-£50k per annum plus car allowance and benefits
Role: Are you a HSE Advisor who works in a collaborative manner, supporting, guiding and consulting others?
Are you a HSE advisor with experience in working for a construction main contractor? Does an opportunity working with a smaller, privately owned regional building contractor with two offices in Devon working across South Devon on education, healthcare and commercial projects appeal to you.
We are working with this growing contractor who are seeking to appoint a new HSE advisor into this newly created position to oversee all the health and safety functions for the company then with training and support from Directors eventually manage all the health and safety for the business.
Your role will involve;
- Reporting to the three Directors, providing support to the Construction Director, Contracts Managers, and the site teams on HSE issues.
- Attending pre-commencement meetings to proactively contribute to the initial decisions made by the construction team on H&S matters.
- Assisting the Contracts Manager with the completion of the Construction Phase Plan, RAMS documentation.
- Providing updates to Directors on your monthly schedule of visits to include 4 weekly visits for all Clients and 2 weekly visits for all sites.
- Leading on accident/incident investigation. Producing detailed and factual investigation reports with establishment of immediate/contributory/ root cause analysis.
- Proactively liaising with site personnel as to ensure safe systems of work are developed such as the risk assessments and that controls are developed and implemented with those completing the works.
- Developing and maintaining personal Health & Safety knowledge and demonstrate this through ‘continuous professional development’.
The most suitable HSE advisor will ideally have a formal Health & Safety qualification and prior experience in similar as stated sectors. Relevant IOSH | NEBOSH qualifications are also expected.