Job ref: 471934B
Girling Jones are currently recruiting for a HVAC Multi skilled engineer based in the South West
HVAC Multi Skilled Engineer
- The main roles and responsibilities of the HVAC Multi Skilled engineer will include management, supervision and delivery of planned maintenance & service, fault diagnosis, repairs, installation, testing, commissioning and operation of various HVAC systems including, but not limited to Heating, Air Conditioning, AHUs, Chillers, Ventilation and all other associated elements in an efficient, safe manner and in accordance with company Health and Safety policy, Safe Systems of Work and current regulations.
- Working with line managers and supervisors to ensure planning, procurement, progress, handover, performance, day to day supervision and safe delivery of all tasks assigned are completed successfully.
- Working as part of a team on contracts in various environments including Retail, Leisure, Education, Government, Defence, Healthcare, Construction etc.
- Undertake all HVAC works within individual’s capability
- To ensure that all equipment and services are in a safe condition
- To be responsible for and take care of company supplied equipment and materials
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
- To perform planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks, including fault finding and repair
- To work as a mobile engineer and from a Dodd Group office on occasion as required to fulfil your duties
- To undertake work outside normal hours and lodge away from time to time when required.
- Ensuring that administration requirements are actioned on time and all necessary documents/records maintained accurately
- To take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary.
- To complete pre-programmed works in agreed timescales
- Communicate well (verbally and in writing) with colleagues and clients
- Works harmoniously with others, helping to generate a positive team atmosphere
- Assist with production of material requisitions and procurement of materials and equipment
- To understand and analyse specifications, schedules, schematics and drawings and report any anomalies or omissions to foreman and line managers.
Qualifications or Training:
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant industry experience
- Hold FGAS Cat 1 qualification
- Hold commercial Gas safe qualification
- Knowledge and experience in the service, maintenance and repairs of Heating, AC, Refrigeration, AHU/Vent, Chiller systems.
- Understanding of leading manufactures equipment.
- Have a good knowledge of H&S and safe working practices
Personal Qualities & Attributes:
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have strong leadership skills
- Be analytical and methodical in your approach to problems
- Be motivated and results driven
- Be able to act quickly and decisively
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Based in the Southwest
- Full driving licence essential.
- Strong customer care focus
- Able to work at heights of up to 3 metres and lift weights of up to 25kg
- Self-Motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work individually or as part of a team
- Able to cope under pressure
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
Salary Spec: £ negotiable depending on experience
- Sick Pay
Salary From: £
Salary To: £