Junior Asset Surveyor
Location: Mobile (Central or SW Region)
Term: Full Time/Permanent
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 p.a
Girling Jones are working with a client who manage infrastructure services for the MoD and United States Visiting Forces across the central and south of the UK. One of the key objectives of VIVO is still optimise assets across the estate. The VIVO InSite team was created to aid in data acquisition and realising value from data.
The role will come with training for asset surveying, followed by a period when the junior surveyor will shadow a more experienced surveyor. When ready the junior surveyor will progress into an ‘Asset Surveyor’.
- The Junior Asset Surveyor is required to carry out M&E building surveys.
- Carry out building surveys and asset data collection
- Use of digital data collection technology
- Liaise closely with other professionals, including but not limited to Built Estate Managers, Services Managers, Asset Managers, In-house design team members and Project Managers.
- Attend a range of project and asset management technical meetings
- Ensure building systems meet legislative and health and safety requirements
- Advise our client on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings across various sites.
What You’ll Need For This Role
- An industry recognised qualification in engineering, building services, management or facilities management (ILM, HNC, HND or equivalent vocational qualification) is desirable.
- ISOH, British Safety Council safety certification or similar is desirable.
- A technical understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering is necessary; however, no qualiﬁcation is required.
- Experience of using an asset collection tool
- Good written communication skills including report writing.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Power BI.
- Proven ﬁnancial awareness
- An eye for detail
Knowledge and Skills
- Have genuine knowledge and understanding of housing maintenance industry and service delivery.
- Compliance and HSE Experience.
- Management of a mobile workforce.
- Confident using Microsoft Offices packages.
- Successful candidates will need a full driving licence.
- They will need to be UK nationals and have or be able to obtain Baseline Security Clearance as a minimum requirement.
We offer excellent opportunities to add to your skills and develop your career. We are proud of the difference we make as an organisation and if you share our ambition to continuously improve our service, you will succeed as part of this team.