Our client is located in the historic heart of the city, is a lively and creative hub. Our fast-growing team is designing in close collaboration with communities on exciting local work and involved with nationally significant projects across the UK. As a studio we take full advantage of this great city and region.
We are looking for a landscape architect with four years’ experience to work on landscape design, public realm and nationally significant ecological and infrastructure projects. This is a fantastic professional opportunity for someone with ambition who wants to contribute their expertise to our friendly and collaborative team. We are particularly interested in hearing from people with strong design skills, energy and enthusiasm for their work.
Key requirements are:
- Passionate about design that puts the needs of people and nature first and with a genuine understanding of how places change and develop
- A flair for design, alongside technical robustness
- Enthusiasm for collaborative working, confidence, and good communication skills
- Exceptional at designing at different scales, from a bespoke park bench to a new urban quarter to far-reaching landscape strategies
- A qualification in landscape architecture, either working towards or achieved CMLI status, and practical experience within a consultancy environment
- Excellent graphic communication skills with an ability to produce illustrated renders
- Demonstrated ability in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and 3-D design packages (with a preference for Rhino and Revit)
- Good experience with all RIBA stages with a desire to progress to managing projects independently
- Experience of working with clients and multidisciplinary teams
- Full UK Driving licence
This is a great time to join us. We are a 100% employee-owned practice with firm beliefs in the power of landscape and in the brilliance of the collective. Being employee-owned means everyone here has a say in how the business is run and takes responsibility for its success.
You would join a successful, supportive team with people from diverse creative backgrounds. We can offer a highly varied and exciting portfolio of projects, ranging from public realm strategies that tackle the impact of Covid to the implementation of green infrastructure helping to solve issues relating to the climate emergency.
For your professional and career development, we support our staff through a mentoring system helping you to achieve your personal goals. We can also offer mentorship to help you to gain Chartership with the Landscape Institute.