Location: Home based but national travel for all sites. Ideal location would be midlands / Cambridgeshire
Permanent – Full time (37.5 hours)
Salary: £47,500 Plus £3,600 Car Allowance
The Internal team are responsible for providing oversight and support to the contract teams and the corporate functional areas across the business. This will be for both the internal audit programme and contractual audits completed with our customer.
This is a key role across all parts of the business to ensure we are delivering against customer, business and certification requirements.
The role will support the development of the management system and provide coaching and support where required to develop our systems and processes in line with ISO standards.
The role will report into the Compliance Manager within the SHEQ function.
Within this position you will work across the whole of the business. This means you will be operating across all levels of the business; therefore it is essential you produce clear and concise audit reports and can communicate well to everyone. You will agree actions with management that reduce risk and/or improve processes, and then you will follow up audit action to ensure that they have been implemented as agreed.
- To carry out internal & supplier audits against company, client, legal and nationally recognised standards, and requirements in accordance with the annual internal audit programme.
- To create and review audit scope documents to be used in audits taking into account contract and business requirements.
- To issue professional audit reports within specified timelines to meet contractual requirements.
- To add completed audit reports and audit actions onto the appropriate database(s) in in accordance with agreed timescales.
- To identify, raise and manage responses to non-conformances and opportunities for improvement.
- To support auditees by helping to resolve issues at the point of audit wherever possible.
- To be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the internal audit programme in order to meet annual targets.
- To produce monthly audit reports and information as identified by the SHEQ Director.
- To identify and raise appropriate actions to deal with safety concerns seen through audits.
- To work in a safe, secure, and professional manner at all times and report all dangerous occurrences or near misses.
- To provide advice and support to sites in the closing out of non-conformance(s) and the introduction of new best practice(s).
- To ensure that all non-conformances are closed out in accordance with the company’s standards.
- Ensure audits are planned and carried out efficiently and economically in order to promote a profitable business
- To maintain effective relationships with teams across, Client and Customer
What You Need To Do The Job:
- Demonstrable experience within an Internal Auditing role
- Professional membership (IIA/IRCA)
- Lead Auditor qualified
- Excellent analytical, investigation, critical thinking and report writing skills is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work at a detailed level as well as being able to appreciate the wider business context is essential.
- Solid understanding of problem solving and corrective action methodologies
- Computer literate
- Full Driving Licence
What We Offer
£47,500 plus £3,600 Car
6% employer matched pension contribution
25 days annual leave