We are looking for an experienced Project Manager with a background in electrical or mechanical engineering to join our team in Plymouth. As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of projects from bid and pre-commencement through to completion. You will be accountable for the safety, technical, commercial, and managerial requirements of the project, as well as maintaining profitability and building strong customer relationships.
The business, a tier 1 building services contractor, a leader within the top 10 MEP contractors with a sizeable pipeline of works within the Devonport Dockyards seeking further technical support ranging from M and E Project Managers through to Project Engineers, Site Management etc.
Day to day,
- Ensure safety is a top priority throughout all project activities
- Participate in bid activities to ensure successful, profitable proposals that meet customer expectations
- Manage pre-commencement activities with the Pre-construction Manager
- Maximize opportunities, efficiency, and profitability during the delivery phase
- Ensure customer requirements are precisely met through effective review of scope of works and installation methods
- Identify and manage project risks
- Lead the team, including specialist sub-contractors, through all stages of the project to successful completion
- Lead contract reviews, including preparation and submission of reports and project-related data
- Prepare and update business plans with the Commercial Director
- Develop and maintain positive, long-term customer relationships
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Demonstrable building services engineering, experience in a similar role within a construction environment with a proven mechanical or electrical qualification
- Previous experience managing multi-million pound projects throughout their entire lifecycle
- Industry recognized mechanical or electrical trade or professional qualification (mechanical or electrical)
- Apprenticeship in mechanical or electrical discipline
In return, we are offering a secure pipeline of work within the Plymouth region. Location and a solid pipeline of work aside, a very competitive wage in addition to car allowance (circa £5,300), 25 days leave, pension (8/9%), etc there on. The business have a keen interest in PD and encourage onward development of their staff.