Having worked alongside this company for the last few years, I am thrilled to be doing so again, this time, looking for a commercial lead, someone who can sit on their flagship site in Britain’s Ocean City”
What’s this all about
With a mega reputation working across the marine, water, environmental infrastructure and energy sectors, they are known for completing quality projects and regularly secure repeat business with high profile clients and government departments.
Reporting to the Regional Commercial Director Manager, you will have a tea of 4 direct reports and ultimately, be responsible for all commercial and contractual matters on the site
- Ensuring there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting.
- Lead and manage the procurement process to maximise profit and ensure subcontract orders are placed on time
- Monitor and maximise cash flow
- Support, advise, develop and train all members of the site team on commercial matters
- Mentor and develop the surveyors within the specific project team
- Be aware of the contractual requirements of the project, advise the site team on key requirements
- Monitor and chase Main Contract payments
What do we need
Minimum of 5 – 6 years experience in a similar role ideally, although could also suit an established Senior QS, ready for that next level up
- An accredited course by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) or the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES)
- Industry related degree (or HND) – civil engineering or construction
- Competent in delivering sites under NEC Form of Contract
What is in it for you
Outside of the obvious competitive salary and usual trimmings, this role will offer job security longevity of work and really, an opportunity to hang your hat on a challenging, well recognised project.
Still not sure? Give me a call today