Are you an experienced Managing Quantity Surveyor looking for a new opportunity closer to home? Look no further! Our client is a highly respected £6BN T/O infrastructure contractor with expertise across a range of sectors including Energy, Water & Environment, Defence & Marine. They are seeking a Managing Quantity Surveyor to oversee a package of works in Plymouth, which will include the reconstruction of core areas of the dockyard and infrastructure upgrades.
As the Managing Quantity Surveyor, you will play a crucial role in the successful delivery of this substantial program, working closely with the regional team to manage client and project relationships. You will have the opportunity to work on a series of exciting projects over the next five years, including a £50M project, with follow on projects secured. Areas of construction will include sheet piling, concrete works, road construction, caisson, dock bottom caycon revetments & rock armour, cathodic protection, and associated infrastructure.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing tender documentation to ensure terms agreed are suitable, risks identified and mitigations implemented
- Producing accurate, timely commercial project reports, forecasting and change control
- Procurement of subcontractors, negotiation and financial accounting
- Ensuring the commercial risks identified at tender stage are carried through post-contract and delivery
- Supervising the performance of the commercial aspects of projects, preparing interim valuations and agreeing final accounts
The successful candidate will have related heavy civils commercial experience and an interest in civils infrastructure around the coastal setting. You will have the opportunity to work for a highly respected contractor with a strong reputation in the industry, offering a basic salary in the region of £70,000 to £75,000 p/a plus package.
If you’re interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Joe Knowles on 01392 493347 or click to apply.