Partnered with a rapidly growing regional contractor, we are delighted to be working together to source a Buyer for the business.
Operating for nearly 50 years, 80% of their work comes from repeat business, a true mark of the quality of projects they deliver. Ranging in value from £1m to £20m and, they have a superb track record in completing projects on time and within budget, across all major sectors throughout the South and South West of England
Reporting into the Procurement Director, this role will be solely focussed on the purchasing of materials across multiple sites in the area from concept to completion
Your duties will include but not be subject to:
- Pricing for the tender process
- Negotiating the best prices with suppliers and ensuring the most competitive rates
- Cost reporting and attending monthly CVR meetings
- Chasing deliveries
- Updating site teams of any delays
Ideally, you will be a Buyer in a construction or housebuilding business, fully competent in the role, however, we would also consider applicants from another area within the sector
- IT literate – fully competent in MS Office packages
- Ability to take off from drawings
- 2 years experience in the construction industry
This is a great opportunity to come and join a hard working, driven team. A real construction player.