Mechanical and Electrical Construction Managers / M&E Site Managers sought, Hinkley Point C. Girling Jones require Mechanical and Electrical Construction Managers / M&E Site Managers to join our client, one of the MEH Alliance, as Building Leads working on the construction of the Hinkley Point C nuclear power station.
The Building Leads will be responsible for ensuring that mechanical, electrical and HVAC construction activity is carried out safely and to specification across the allocated building. The value of works across each building will be in the order of £100M.
- Provide and demonstrate positive HSE leadership and a strong Nuclear Safety Culture throughout the whole construction life cycle of the Project.
- Support the Area Lead in the day-to-day construction planning, engineering and works progression of your specific allocated building(s).
- Lead the multidiscipline teams associated with your allocated building(s) to successful, safe, and quality assured construction completion.
- Manage interfaces and collaborate with NNB as Principal Contractor for all areas of works requirement under CDM legislation.
- Manage interfaces and collaborate with all contractors on site to ensure suitable access solutions and work sequences are created and maintained to ensure MEH construction schedule is met.
- Manage the interfaces between MEH partners and subcontractors to ensure construction success.
- Manage the construction progression through the Mechanical, Electrical and HVAC Discipline Leads. This will also require management of scaffolding, insulation, and painting activities via the SIP Discipline Lead for the building.
- Ensure all construction activities are executed in line with relevant specifications.
- Ensure that reports on progress, forecasting and issues are maintained and communicated to your Building Lead.
- Support the Area Lead in the management of the Building DWP process.
- Create, update, and validate the List of Applicable Documents (LAD) for your specified building(s).
- Ensure productivity reviews are being carried out and reports are available to the building lead.
- Ensure all access strategies have been developed for your relevant area and materials/plant are available to support the execution schedule
- Manage (via the Discipline Leads) the production of Health & Safety, Quality and Construction documentation required to meet the MEH construction schedule. This will include supporting review and approvals of documentation.
- Manage project change within your specified building(s) ensuring that the project change process is adhered to. This will include construction documentation as well as scope change aspects of the contract in coordination with the Building Lead.
- Engage with the constructability of the construction of your specified building(s) using the building engineers as required to facilitate sequencing of installation that maximises efficiency.
- Report on and maintain construction productivity to your respective Building Lead.
- Use of core experience & engineering skills to assess practicalities and risks associated with Construction activities.
- Manage and maintain Procon reporting data for the building(s) allocated to you.
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Substantial experience in a Construction Management or Site Management role delivering large scale Mechanical, Electrical and Pipework engineering projects within the Nuclear, Oil & Gas or other regulated industry.
- A degree or HNC in a relevant discipline (preferably Mechanical Engineering).
- IOSH Managing Safely preferred
- CCNSG Safety Passport
- Capable of obtaining security clearance of BPSS or higher.
In return, we are able to offer a competitive salary (£75,000 – £80,000) with generous uplift and allowances for working away from home where required, car allowance / car, 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays
Pension with leading provider and up to 8% employer contribution, medical etc there on.
Interested? Click APPLY for a confidential discussion or contact Vic Bekker @ Girling Jones for further information.