M&E Quantity Surveyors sought, Plymouth. Girling Jones are representing a leading tier 1 building services contractor seeking further commercial support in Plymouth. We require a M&E Quantity Surveyor to join the team delivering mechanical and electrical services on varied schemes within the Devonport dockyards. The business are a leading tier 1, top 10 M&E building services contractor looking to further support their commercial team on site / within their Plympton offices.
Please note, due to the schemes and location you will be required to obtain security clearance.
- Provide cost advice and budget management on M&E projects
- Work closely with the project team to ensure that project costs are managed effectively
- Prepare and submit valuations and final accounts for M&E projects
- Provide support to the commercial team in managing subcontractor accounts
- Assist in the preparation of tender documents and the evaluation of tender submissions
- Provide cost analysis and value engineering input on M&E projects
- Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying or commercial management / relevant experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- At least 5 years of experience in quantity surveying / commercial management
- Knowledge of construction contracts, ideally cost plus
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and industry-specific software
If you are a skilled M&E Quantity Surveyor with a strong track record of delivering successful projects and are looking for a new challenge, please apply today. We offer a competitive salary package (up to £72,000 for a Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor, plus £5,300 car) and opportunities for career advancement within our dynamic and growing company.