Girling Jones have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious multi-trade engineers to undertake repairs, maintenance and small minor-new works at RAF Croughton and the surrounding area.
Employees in this role will provide key operational support to the VIVO business, delivering a great service to our customers, whilst ensuring works are completed on time and within service requirements.
Key Accountabilities for Multi Trade Engineers
- Undertake Statutory, Mandatory and Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks in a safe and efficient manner and ensure all relevant records and documentation is completed comprehensively.
- Carry out reactive repairs / callouts on mission critical assets in a timely manner, aiming to always complete within contractual SLA timescales. This will involve participating in an on-call rota to cover emergency call outs during non-core hours.
- Complete compliance activity and minor works in accordance with JSP375
- Undertake minor installation works e.g. refurbishment projects
- Manage a schedule of work and ensure all associated administration duties are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Work with minimal supervision and have the ability to make decisions on the most appropriate repair solution.
- Ensure all H&S documentation (RAMS) are present prior to engaging the task
- Review and contribute to Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and always ensure compliance
- Work from drawings and specifications and other documentation without the need for direct supervision
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets via the PDA and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner
- Notify management of any defects on equipment or systems
- Provide exceptional service to our high-profile client and go the extra mile to deliver to the highest quality standard in all building areas
- Attend training as and when required to continue your development in the role and comply with changes within the industry.
- Attend team briefs, Toolbox talks and technical bulletins on a monthly basis or as when required.
- To demonstrate VIVO core values to internal and external customers and colleagues
- To mentor apprentices as and when required
- Liaise with the End User (Military), DIO and members of VIVO supply chain when required.
Skills You’ll Need:
- Mechanical / Electrical qualifications – multi-skilled desirable but will consider single-trade applications
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety requirements including COSHH and RIDDOR
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Must have ability to obtain ‘SC’ level Security Clearance
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Ability to self-motivate
- Excellent communication skills
Nice To Have:
- Experience of working on mechanical / electrical assets within a commercial environment
- Accredited First Aid qualification
- Accredited Health and Safety qualification
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Previous experience of operating in an MOD environment and/or previous SC clearance
- This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week and participating in an on-call rota for out of hours emergency responses.
- Salary £30,000- £42,000 DOE
- Reporting to the relevant on-site Supervisor or Technical Services Manager.
- You will work as part of the on-site engineering team and daily tasks will be allocated via tablet device or paper-based task instruction.