Mechanical Project Engineer / Mechanical Project Manager sought, Bristol. Girling Jones are seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer / Mechanical Project Manager to join a national building services contractor, yet still remaining family owned and regionally operated. You will be joining a progressive team delivering schemes within a commutable distance of their Bristol office.
Your future employer,
- Founded in the 1940s and remained a privately owned family business since. With an unrivalled reputation within the building services sector they offer a comprehensive electrical and mechanical design, installation and maintenance service across many sectors spanning the UK with a very much regional presence to each office.
As a Mechanical Project Engineer, your key responsibilities include,
- Championing a “safety-first” culture, ensuring that safety remains a top priority throughout the project.
- Active participation in pre-commencement activities to optimize opportunities, efficiency, and profitability.
- Reviewing the project scope of works to precisely meet customer requirements.
- Contributing to the identification of project risks and opportunities and taking responsibility for their mitigation or enhancement within your control.
- Procuring and delivering engineering solutions that align with financial and commercial objectives.
- Providing accurate and timely updates on site progress.
- Managing any sub-contract resources if applicable.
- Offering leadership to project team members within your area of responsibility, maximizing performance and meeting objectives.
- Building and nurturing positive customer relationships.
- Ensuring project closure in line with customer requirements to maximize project profitability.
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Demonstrable experience in building services within a construction environment and prior experience in a similar role as a mechanical project engineer / project manager
- An industry-recognized trade or professional qualification ideally achieving an HNC, HND or similar in mechanical building services engineering
- SMSTS / or similar / CSCS card holder
- A competitive annual salary DoE, car / allowance, and package there on to include medical cover etc there on.