Mechanical Project Engineer sought, Exeter. Girling Jones require a Mechanical Project Engineer (building services engineering) to join a progressive, leading MEP Contractor whilst an outstanding reputation within the building services engineering sector nationally. Family owned and operated within in excess of 80 years trading history, they work on various schemes across the industry ranging from commercial and industrial through to leisure, medical, education etc. A progressive, yet stable business offering the appointed Mechanical Project Engineer an outstanding opportunity for further career development.
Day to day,
- Managing and maintaining the existing client base
- To survey/estimate & deliver small Mechanical Projects circa £5k to £100k
- Oversee delivery of contracts to a high standard, on time and in budget
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant standards
- Able to work closely with the DGL team covering Exeter and adjoining areas
- Responsible for maintaining, developing and sustaining the profitability of each project
- To maintain appropriate systems for monitoring all aspects of the work including internal and client requirements
- To manage directly reporting operatives and sub contractors
- Manage and control all commercial aspects of the work
- Monitor measure and report on all aspects of internal work and client requirements within agreed formats and timescales
- Negotiate with the supply chain as required to enable effective, efficient operations under the guidance of the Directors and National Buyer
- Use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles
- Ensure delivery of Health & Safety requirements
- Liaise with clients and attend all client meetings
- Deal with customer complaints and liaise with customer and clients to a successful conclusion
What you’ll need to succeed,
- ONC, HNC or HND qualified in mechanical engineering / building services engineering
- Circa 3 years history as a Project Engineer / Mechanical Site Manager or Estimator
- Proven building services engineering knowledge, whether gained from site related training or professional training, including development of a site based person with the right aptitude.
In return, we are offering a competitive package (dependant of experience) to include a company car, company bonus scheme, medical insurance, etc there on to include an outstanding opportunity for further personal development.