Mechanical Project Manager / Electrical Project Manager sought. We have an exciting opportunity to join our client as a mechanically / electrically biased Project Manager working for their north west team on a major project based in Manchester.
In this role you will control the overall operational delivery of a project, normally, up to the value of £6 million taking into account the safety, technical, commercial and managerial requirements; from bid and pre-commencement through to successful practical completion. Ensuring that profitability is maintained or improved through effective leadership, high quality customer relations and management of relevant support functions allocated to the project.
Day to day,
- Ensuring that our safety first and foremost message is visible and alive through all activities on the project
- Participate in bid activities to ensure a professional, profitable, successful bid which meets customer expectations
- Manage pre-commencement activities in conjunction with the Pre-construction Manager
- Maximise opportunities, efficiency and profitability in the delivery phase of the project
- Ensure precise provision of customer requirements by effectively reviewing the scope of works and installation methods.
- Identify and manage risks
- Lead the team, including specialist sub-contractors, through all stages of the project through to successful completion
- Lead contract reviews, including preparation and submission of reports and any project related data.
- Prepare and update business plans with the Commercial Director
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Significant previous experience of managing large MEP/Building Services projects
- Industry recognised qualification and/or apprenticeship in a relevant discipline
- Relevant Project Management and Safety Management qualifications
In return, a competitive salary, company car allowance, 25 days AL, pension of circa 8%, and varied further there on to include private medical… all whilst working for a tier 1, family-owned MEP contractor with in-excess of 100 years trading history.