Location: Mobile – Covering York Area
Type: Perm, Full-Time
Salary: £40,000 – £43,000 p.a + Company Car/Allowance
The Authorised Person (AP) is part of a team of Area AP’s which support the establishments within SDA 8 in the delivery of HFM activities to ensure compliance with JSP 375. The AP reports to the Area Manager, however is appointed by the Authorising Engineer (part of the assurance team).
- Comply with the requirement so of JSP375,
- Ensure that all documentation produced is of a high quality with all section completed and processes fully complied with to the satisfaction of the Authorising Engineer and Area Manager,
- To produce Permits to Work,
- To produce and issue Standing Instructions,
- To assess candidates and issue Skilled Persons Appointments.
- To prepare for audits and support the auditor during this audit.
- To take ownership and lead the remediation/closure of Corrective Action Reports (CARs),
- Report on CARs monthly to the Area Manager,
- Regularly review the Skilled Persons register and keep up to date,
- Keep all AP related documentation up to date and ensure records are complete,
- Be a champion the Zero Harm policy,
- Provide technical support as required.
- Meet all KPI’s,
- Keep the estate statutory compliant,
- Fully comply with assurance processes,
- Champion excellence in delivery and first-time fix.
- Defend Vivo against abortive costs from supply chain.
- To be part of the on-call rota.
What you’ll need to do the role:
- Preferably hold an HNC or better in a suitable Electrical or Mechanical subject,
- To have experience in practicing Authorised Person activities,
- To have lived knowledge of the working with planned maintenance, response maintenance and project management of small projects.
- To be a health and safety leader,
- To be part of an on-call rota for out of hours emergency response (this usually involves a phone call from the Vivo Help Desk and that information is then passed to the appropriate on-call engineer for them to attend.)
- Advantageous to be a member of a suitable professional body.
The role is for a multi-disciplinary AP. Through a reasonable (and agreed) period of time, via formal training, peer support and site familiarity; the AP will take on disciplines as detailed below. Depending on the candidate’s background, the strongest will usually be attained first;
- Electrical (HV, LV, Hazardous Areas, Aeronautical Ground Lighting)
- Mechanical (Pressure Systems)
- Confined Spaces
- Working at Height (Masts, Towers and Restricted High Places)
Security clearance is required for our sites, successful applicants will be expected to achieve either BPSS or SC clearance as a condition of appointment into the role.