Job ref: 524384
Mobile Gas Engineer
This is a field based, mobile position covering Sheffield and surrounding areas.
This role is working for high street retailers & banks clients for the TS-Mobile division
Salary up to £43,680 dependant on qualifications and experience
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Use of company vehicle for personal use, Employee Shares Schemes, Reward programme & Employee Assistance programme along with many other benefits & employee discounts.
- Be responsible to undertake all gas appliance works within the DN and S postcode areas.
- Working in an efficient and safe manner, with repairs undertaken as appropriate.
- All Gas Appliance PPM and reactive works required on various sites, including repairs and installations as appropriate.
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance and complete the appropriate paperwork and reports.
- Carry out Reactive and emergency breakdown tasks and complete the associated paperwork.
- Be on a call out rota to provide the client with full out of hours cover.
- Assist other team members when required or as directed from Operations Supervisor / Operations Manager.
- Ensure that all tasks are completed within the contractual time scales.
- Proactively reduce energy consumption on site.
- Supervision of visiting sub-contractors with regards to standard of work and Health and Safety.
- Adopt a flexible attitude in relation to assisting on other properties within the portfolio’s.
- All duties carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- To comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
- To safely and efficiently install, maintain and repair plant and equipment, including routine servicing and commissioning to plant
- To ensure that all equipment and services are maintained and operated in a safe condition to comply with Health & Safety
- To monitor regular inspection procedures (preventative maintenance programme) of equipment. Record inspection reports
- To keep logs of inspection reports and remedial work
- To report any defects at time of service visit
- To carry out diagnostic and fault finding
- Experience in dealing with all types of maintenance activities
- Need strong mechanical background for maintenance, covering gas boilers and HVAC maintenance.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and safe working practices
- Strong customer care focus
- Be proactive and capable of anticipating potential faults
- Full driving licence
- Able to work at heights of up to 3 metres and lift weights of up to 25kg
- Core CCN1 up to 70kw (domestic) with Commercial Changeover (CODNC01) for over 70kw appliances
- Core COCN1 Commercial over 70kw
- Core qualification needs to be valid
- Appliances: CIGA1, CDGA1, CORT1, Pipe-work, ICPN1
- Tightness testing TPCP1A, TPCP1
- Generally IT literate
- Clear communicator both oral and written
- Be able to attend the call out rota, when required, which is 1 in every 5 weeks
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie’s information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
Salary From: £
Salary To: £