M&E Planner sought, Bristol. Girling Jones require a Planner / Senior Planner to join a progressive tier 1 MEP Contractor within their Bristol hub. We have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Planner to join our team based in Bristol. The main purpose of the role is to plan the allocated high value / complex project producing workable realistic and efficient programmes of work which meet an appropriate standard for the contract conditions and both internal and client requirements. Plans will be implemented with the best-practice approach utilising critical path analysis, resource planning, cost management and progress/productivity monitoring and control.
Key deliverables in this role are:
- Arrange and facilitate internal integrated planning meetings with relevant project stakeholders to agree the team input into the project plan and work closely with said team and our external customer. Produce and agree a ‘Contract Baseline’ programme for each allocated project; that aligns with the agreed formal contract, price and workscope, and reduces risk for the business
- In conjunction with the Planning Manager, ensure that planning outputs / reports are produced in a timely manner for all contract reviews. Support operational teams in order to ascertain whether project targets are being achieved and to jointly establish and agree any corrective measures to be taken where necessary.
- Take responsibility for all allocated projects, ensuring that progress and productivity is effectively monitored against project plan, produce and circulate clear reports to the appropriate stakeholders in a concise and timely manner (e.g. Resource Histograms, ‘S’ Curves, Earned Value Analysis).
- Maintain and update contract baseline in line with agreed contract change (eg variations). Ensure that change impacts are effectively communicated to Operations and Commercial Teams. Ensure that the inclusion of variations are communicated and integrated into project plans.
- In conjunction with the Planning Manager, perform Time/Risk analysis against programmes at regular intervals with the Project Manager throughout the whole project life cycle.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Considerable experience in a planning role on medium to large MEP / Industrial Building Services projects is essential
- Experience of NEC 3 contracts (desirable)
- P6 experience (desirable)
- Mechanical or electrical building services construction experience
In return, we are offering a competitive annual salary (up to £72,000), car / allowance, 25 days leave, competitive pension contribution and the potential of a 9 day fortnight.