Senior Project Controls and Planners- Plymouth
Together with our set of specialist asset and property management services, we put passion into applying new ideas throughout the asset life cycle. Using our skills, processes and knowledge we provide industry top services to our clients.
We are currently looking to recruit Planners and Project Controls Personnel to undertake duties on a number of high profile projects with our partners and clients within sectors: Rail, Utilities, Nuclear, Defence, Highways and Environment. The role is to join our expanding Plymouth and South West team on some of the regions most high profile projects.
- Create and maintain project schedules that support and align with project requirements.
- Develop the project schedules in conjunction with the project manager and project team.
- Reduce uncertainty, know objectives and improve efficiency.
- Interact with project team to define scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan.
- Interact with and assist project managers to schedule work and coordinate assignments.
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas.
- Breakdown critical path and constraints to understand effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around.
- Assist project managers to maintain timely and effective change management processes and procedures.
- Adherence to NEC or FIDIC contract processes for management of schedule data and submissions.
- Assist project team to develop status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
- Undertake Project Reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Monitor and consolidate the overall project plans.
- Monitor the project manager’s reporting system summarizing the progress status of all projects.
- Monitor and advise on status of project KPIs.
What we are looking for?
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications such as Primavera (P6) and/or other planning and resourcing software.
- Demonstrable Project management techniques.
- Able to coordinate and work with other teams and have basic multi-disciplinary knowledge.
- Good research and analytical skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Professional working knowledge of project management software and tools.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary banding based on experience
• Flexible working
• Training & development opportunities
For more information on this role and others we may have please call Daniel Wright for an informal chat. Due to the high number of applications, if you have not received a reply within 7 days, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion. We will keep your details on file for future roles. Thank you.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.