Planner / Senior Planner / Project Controls sought, Plymouth. Girling Jones are actively seeking a Project Planner / Senior Planner to join a progressive building services contractor embedded within the Devonport Dockyard. We welcome applications from Planners through to Senior Planners / Project Controls with Primavera P6 knowledge.
The main purpose of the role is to plan the allocated high value / complex project producing workable realistic and efficient programmes of work which meet an appropriate standard for the contract conditions and both internal and client requirements. Plans will be implemented with the best-practice approach utilising critical path analysis, resource planning, cost management and progress/productivity monitoring and control.
Day to day,
- Arrange and facilitate internal integrated planning meetings with relevant project stakeholders to agree the team input into the project plan and work closely with said team and our external customer. Produce and agree a ‘Contract Baseline’ programme for each allocated project; that aligns with the agreed formal contract, price and workscope, and reduces risk for the business
- In conjunction with the Planning Manager, ensure that planning outputs / reports are produced in a timely manner for all contract reviews. Support operational teams in order to ascertain whether project targets are being achieved and to jointly establish and agree any corrective measures to be taken where necessary.
- Take responsibility for all allocated projects, ensuring that progress and productivity is effectively monitored against project plan, produce and circulate clear reports to the appropriate stakeholders in a concise and timely manner (e.g. Resource Histograms, ‘S’ Curves, Earned Value Analysis).
- Maintain and update contract baseline in line with agreed contract change (eg variations). Ensure that change impacts are effectively communicated to Operations and Commercial Teams. Ensure that the inclusion of variations are communicated and integrated into project plans.
- In conjunction with the Planning Manager, perform Time/Risk analysis against programmes at regular intervals with the Project Manager throughout the whole project life cycle.
- Participate within bid activity as requested by the senior management; working in conjunction with the Business Development department, in line with the Focus Win processes.
- Ensure that all planning related activities are carried out in compliance with contractual obligations, internal processes and external legislation governing business operations.
What you’ll need to succeed,
- Considerable experience in a planning role on medium to large MEP / Industrial / infrastructure projects is essential
- Construction site experience
- Experience of NEC 3 contracts (desirable)
- Primavera P6 experience (desirable)
A competitive annual salary (£45,000 – £70,000 dependent on experience), car allowance (circa £4,800), 25 days holiday per annum, pension with leading provider and up to 8% employer contribution, private healthcare, and various further there on.
Interested? Click APPLY and contact Vic Bekker at Girling Jones for further information